The Early Success Coalition is a broad-based collaborative to improve the lives of families with young children in Shelby County, TN
Healthy babies, strong families, and foundations for lifelong success.
Develop and expand an early childhood comprehensive system of high quality services for children from pre-conception to age eight that engages families, promotes resiliency, and supports positive early childhood development.
- Improved Nurturing Parenting
- Improved School Readiness
- Improved third-grade academic achievement
Background and Plan
Launched in January, 2009 with a five-year grant from the Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, this initiative was originally focused on expanding evidence-based home visitation programs to prevent and reduce child abuse. Through strategic planning with over 180 Community Partners, the Coalition broadened its scope to address a full range of services for children and families. Our plan is to:
- Establish the Early Success Coalition to expand and sustain effective early home visitation programs and other core services for children pre-conception to eight years old
- Strengthen quality and effectiveness of evidence-informed education, outreach and direct services for families with young children, pre-conception to eight.
- Expand and sustain resources to meet the full needs of families with young children.